Here’s the most important detail:
Your third piece gets you noticed! A third piece can be a blazer, jacket, vest, scarf, hat or jewelry. It’s the item that creates texture and visual interest to your outfit. It separates you from the rest!!
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
1. You do not need to wear a suit to convey professional or serious.
2. Best not to wear holes or rips. Though it is trendy and fun, it doesn’t speak “success.
3. Flowy dresses can look more pulled together with a tailored blazer or jacket.
4. Shoes should be new or unscuffed. Yes, take your shoes to be professionally shined, resoled and/or spruced up. It’s the first thing I look at when
I’m serious about offering a person
5. Tread lightly with sneakers. They are definitely worn with suits and dresses these days but they MUST be clean and new. No exceptions.
6. If you are wearing a dress, make sure the neckline is not revealing. And, if the length is shorter than 2 inches above the knee, wear an opaque tight underneath.
7. If you’re wearing a blazer or jacket, be sure it fits your shoulders, arm length, and torso. Too big and too small says you’re not detail-oriented. Not a great first impression.
8. It’s easiest to keep your color palette neutral and use pops of color with an accessory.
9. Be yourself. If you are not a suit person don’t wear a suit. If you are
not a dress girl, skip it. If you prefer separates, great. It all works. When you feel like yourself, you thrive!